Professional Wrestling Career
"Christopher Nowinski has more degrees than a thermometer"
-Jerry Lawler, WWE Commentator and Former Pro Wrestler
Christopher Nowinski graduated from Harvard cum laude in 2000 with a B.A. in Sociology. Soon after graduation, Chris enrolled in Killer Kowalski’s Institute of Professional Wrestling in Malden, MA. Chris then became a contestant and finalist on Tough Enough 1, where he was known as Chris “Harvard,” and after wrestling on the independent circuit, was awarded a WWE contract. Chris debuted in WWE on June 10, 2002. Chris was the youngest Harvard Champion, and he held the title twice on his way to becoming Raw Newcomer of the Year in 2002. He retired in 2004 on the one-year anniversary of developing post-concussion syndrome.
- Click here to view Chris's wrestling photos.
- On the Road to 2006, by Chris Nowinski, January 20, 2006
- On the Road to 2006, by Chris Nowinski, October 24, 2005
- On the Road to 2006, by Chris Nowinski, September 9, 2005
- Notes from Post-Election Road, by Chris Nowinski, January 17, 2005
- Notes from Post-Election Road, by Chris Nowinski, November 11, 2004
- Notes from Post-Election Road, by Chris Nowinski, November 4, 2004
- Notes from Post-Election Road, by Chris Nowinski, November 1, 2004
- "Five, ten, fifteen bucks, we'll own the companies, you'll drive the trucks."
- "That's alright, that's ok, you'll all work for us someday."
- "Roses are red, violets are blue, the reason I'm talking so slow, is because no one in Moncton has passed grade 2."
- "Your chances of getting anywhere in this business are slim to none and Slim's outside warming up my BMW."
- "Considering that we both graduated from well respected universities, where I majored in philosophy and you obviously majored in...ah...gym." - to Scott Steiner
- "Excluding that farcical Tough Enough, Christopher Nowinski has never tasted failure in his life. Maven made me see the world through his eyes - through the eyes of a loser, a failure. I'm never going to look at the world through those eyes again"
- "I prefer to compete in a more civilized manner, where the most dangerous weapon is not a table or chair. It's intelligence."
- "Wrestling fans always look for something new and exciting, so he needs to body-slam his critics, put a choke hold on new ideas and drop a few elbows through the holes in his platform on Iraq and the economy." - Chris on President Bush's speech at the Republican National Convention (NY Times)
- "Christopher Nowinski has more degrees than a thermometer" - Jerry Lawler
- "Hey JR...how can you tell who's a Harvard grad?" - Jerry Lawler
"By the huge H on his ass?" - Jim Ross
- "Well, Nowinski is entitled to his opinion but I guess he’s also entitled to get his ass kicked." - Jerry Lawler
- "His brain is so big his head has stretch marks." - Jerry Lawler
- "Maybe it's just me, but doesn't Chris physically resemble a former young standout? A rich-kid wrestler named Hunter Hearst Helmsley?" - Corey Clayton (reporter)
- "Another real interesting guy is Chris Nowinski. He went to Harvard and he's a really interesting guy. He had great tales about his parents. They just abhorred when he gave wrestling a shot, as he had a job at a brokerage. He's a funny, witty, guy, too. But obviously, we had to cut in some places. - Ken Leiker (editor of Unscripted)
- "I might go with Harvard Grad Chris Nowinski." - Lance Storm (when asked who he thought the most educated wrestler in America was)
TITANTRON 1 TITANTRON 2 RAW NOWINSKI VS. HARDY